Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Border Collie 1

No local border collies in view these days, despite farmers going backwards and forwards on quad bikes to feed the sheep and their lambs (the grass is very poor after last year's rain and this year's late cold snap). When I inquired about the missing doggies, I learnt that you cannot use dogs to work sheep when they have lambs: the sheep will defend their lambs and the dog will get a good kicking or worse. I had no idea. 

This means my little dog's great fear of sheep (he is half sheepdog, by the way) no longer seems so daft. You can't be too careful around killer sheep.

Here is the view today from my drawing board of killer sheep. By the way, the field is not obscured by bands of fog. That's the window needing a good clean. Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment