Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Border Collie


Here is the bigger collie painting I wrote about last week. It is 10" x 8" and I have used some different techniques to achieve the texture, fur detailing and colour harmony of this piece, hence it has taken me a few days. 
I have got 4 separate paintings on the go at the moment and consequently am beginning to feel a bit square-eyed. Part of the reason is that I asked for - and got - some Michael Harding oil paints for my birthday last week. They are hand-made and according to a recent poll, are the best oil paints in the world. They are not, however, alkyds - which is what I normally work with - so my work no longer dries over night and I have had to adapt to a different rhythm and introduce patience into my process. This is hard for me as I am probably the least patient person on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment