Thursday, 18 April 2013

Tarzan and Brown Study 3 (Airedale Terrier - profile)


I was looking for something else interesting to tell you about these dogs, for example that John Wayne acquired his nickname "The Duke" because that is the name he gave to his Airedale Terrier. But I can't find any proof - John Wayne with his arms round a German Shepherd, yes. Or even a Daxie. But no images of Airedales. I hope the story is true, though.

Edgar Rice Burroughs, the author of the Tarzan series, is also reputed to have owned an Airedale. He called the dog Tarzan. Obviously. I can't find a photo to prove this either so here, for the first and hopefully last time is a totally gratuitous photo of a bloke in very large underpants

The last of my brown studies for this week, you will probably be relieved to read. Have a great weekend and thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. It's true. Here's a photo, http://huntingwithairedales.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-duke.html

    ReplyDelete