Monday, 22 July 2013

Rogue's gallery (1)

This dear little dog is in pastel on sanded paper. He measures 4"x4", in a 6"x6" mat with backing. As I have to work full-time in a "proper job" at the moment, I have had to go smaller to try and get enough work completed each week. I thought I would start a little series of these mugshots, which  - if they don't sell - I will compile and mount into one very large Rogues' Gallery. I think they will look quite striking framed up en masse.
Meanwhile, I am also working in oils on another swan, as I mentioned last week. I painted in the water only to find that I accidentally used a retardant medium instead of a drying medium. Four days later and it is still nowhere near dry. Hope it will dry eventually...
Thank you for looking at my paintings - have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment