Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Wish he'd stop yapping...

…and get a move on. This dog looked so fed-up, I hope I have succeeded in capturing that mood. Because of the similarities in colour and values between the man's jacket, trousers and the dog's fur, I thought I would do a value study just to test out how best to capture the lights and darks. The scene is brightly lit as well which added to the complexity. 
This was painted with very dilute (with mineral spirits) Terra Rosa and Burnt Umber. It's quite nice, but it is what decided me to paint the bench red. I could, of course, have painted the man's clothing in different colours but I thought keeping them similar to the dog was quite amusing. I am interested in the idea that people get to look like their dogs. 
I've got a poodle cross breed. Let's hope he is not bringing out my inner poodle.
This is my 200th blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment