Thursday, 22 May 2014

American daydream

Painting this was a bit of a blast from the past, for me. I was always obsessed with cowboys and indians when I was little. One of my earliest memories (aged about 3) was of watching a cowboy film. The cowboys had drawn all the wagons into a circle and were firing repeatedly on the Indians riding round the circle on Palomino ponies; naturally, they fell off their horses in endlessly numbers under the gunfire. When the shooting stopped, I disappeared round the back of the television to look for the bodies. 
My little dog did this when he saw a cat running across the TV - he went round the back to see where it had gone. Like me, he only did this the once. This is Bilbo watching TV now he knows it's not real:
Last blog post from me for this week. Hope you all have a great weekend and thank you for looking at my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment