Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Arabian Dawn

First of three Arab stallion paintings for this week. I have so much enjoyed painting this. Horses have never been a particularly favoured subject for me (I can't ride and am quite frightened of horses to be honest) but for some reason I have been smitten by a series of reference photos taken by AinslieG, a member on PaintMyPhoto which is a photo-sharing website. 
The other thing that has helped, is that I have bought some anatomy books and I have been studying them and making drawings, like this book for example
sorry the photo is so rubbish I just pasted it in off Amazon. It is a Dover Anatomy for Artists publication if anyone is interested. It helps a lot when you are looking at an animal you are not very familiar with, to understand how he is put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment