Thursday, 7 August 2014

Little Yellow Jug

A small still life for today. I like painting these for a change and they are very good for practising modelling form. It is also an excuse to use some vivid colour.
My little yellow jug is a great prize: I decided I wanted one for still life set-ups and discovered there were none to be found anywhere. Even on eBay it meant shipping one in from abroad at ridiculous expense. John Lewis had just the thing but their website said they were out-of-stock. I found this one tucked at the back of a shelf in their Exeter branch: the last little yellow jug in the country. 
To model it I have used cad yellow medium, cad yellow lemon (for the lightest yellow next to the white highlight) and I have shadowed it with small amounts of transparent oxide red. At the base on the right I pulled in a tiny bit of background colour but obviously that needs to be done with care otherwise you end up with my famous, bespoke shade of cow pat green.
That's my last blog post for this week. Have a great weekend and thank you for looking at my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment