Thursday, 14 August 2014

The Posh Fruit Bowl

Does anyone else have a "posh fruit bowl"? My Mum used to whip hers out of the sideboard if she thought anyone was coming. She did this once when I was little, ill with the measles and the doctor had been called out - "sit down, be quiet, I must get the fruit bowl out before he gets here". Well, here's mine. Mum would have been 84 today if she was still with us.

I did paint this in one sitting, so care was necessary to avoid creating a mushy mess of wet paint. I toned the board first with blue (let that dry) then I painted all the fruit and put the bowl in on top, using a very soft brush and great care not to lift the paint when placing the glass.

This is my last blog post for this week. Have a good weekend and thank you for looking at my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment