Thursday, 18 September 2014

Beagle 2

close up painting of a beagle in oils, by pet portraits by Karen
Here is the companion to the beagle I posted the other day. I noticed that other 'daily painters' often use a square format and  paint a bit smaller than me. I ordered some 6"x6" boards to see what I was missing. 
Mmmm. I am not too sure. Perhaps I have got comfortable with my rectangular format, but square doesn't seem to suit most of my subjects. I have cropped in close to this jolly little dog and tried to use the format to enhance his wide-eyed look.
One good thing I did discover was a new supplier of boards for painting. They sell from their own website but appear to have a wider choice on eBay, here. The product is triple primed, 100% cotton laminated on to MDF board. It is excellent quality. I will definitely order more, but maybe not square.
Last blog post for this week; have a great weekend and thank you for looking at my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment