Friday, 17 March 2017

Wedding photos


An oil painting of Wedding photos or an Interior with a Jack Russell

An oil painting of wedding photos, other wise known as "Interior with a Jack Russell". The interior is real enough - it is part of a room in my house - but the Jack Russell is imaginary. 
My little dog would not be best-pleased with a JRT. Too feisty for him - he is a famous wimp.
I painted this set-up as part of my continuing attempt to practise more complex settings. 
In terms of method, I constructed the composition using both pencil and paper and a computer. I have simplified it somewhat in the rendering as there are a lot of edges to cope with here and a lot of different shades of brown. 
It was important to pull the dog "out" of his background, but not so far out that he didn't look part of the scene. 
That was the main challenge, in fact - and not over-fussing it. I think have just about pulled it off, but it is a near thing. I needed someone to slap my hand and order me to stop twiddling.

I am going to have to think about the challenge of flowers. I have read a couple of artists who describe painting them as "easy". Or even "real easy".  Humph.

Have a lovely weekend and thank you for looking at my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment